Winter Break Residence Hall Closing Information
All freshman and sophomore residence halls (including sophomore rooms in Davis Square) will close at noon on Saturday, December 11, 2021. Students should plan to depart campus within 24 hours of their last final exam (the final exam schedule can be found here) or no later than noon on Saturday, December 11.
Upperclassmen with 12-month housing contracts in Opus and Davis residence halls may remain on-campus throughout winter break.
Students received an email shortly before the Thanksgiving break with check-out instructions and a link to schedule a check-out appointment.
Important Dates for 2021-2022
- Saturday, Dec. 11: Freshman/Sophomore Halls Close at Noon
- Wednesday, Jan. 5: Freshman Housing Application Opens
- Saturday, Jan. 8 – Freshman/Sophomore Halls Open at Noon
- Wednesday, Jan. 12 – First Day of Spring Semester Classes
- Tuesday, Jan. 18 – Upperclassman Roommate Group Formation Opens
- Tuesday, Jan. 25 – Renew Apartment Process Begins
- Monday, Feb. 7 – Change Apartment Process Begins
- Thursday, Feb. 10 – New Apartment Process Begins
- Sunday, Mar. 6–Sunday, Mar. 13 – Spring Break (All Halls Open)
- Tuesday, March 15 – Sophomore Roommate Group Formation Opens
- Monday, April 4–Friday, April 8 – Sophomore Housing Lottery
- Wednesday, May 4–Tuesday, May 10 – Final Exams
- Wednesday, May 11 – Residence Halls Close
- Monday, May 16 – Summer Housing Begins
Live on campus and immerse yourself in student life. Our class-year housing system is designed to provide an exceptional opportunity for students to build community with one another and become integrated into the greater university community. Our Housing and Auxiliary Services team works to create excellent living environments, while the Department of Residential Life invites students to ask intentional questions about themselves and their identities, their relationship to others, and how they can become leaders in a global society.
All full-time, unmarried undergraduate students from outside the Omaha area are required to live in the residence halls their first two years at Creighton. If you’re from Omaha, we strongly recommend you live on-campus so that you can benefit from all that living at Creighton has to offer.