Lost Social Security Card

Can't find your Social Security Card?

The Federal government requires that all new employees prove their identity and their eligibility to work in the USA at time of hire.  Students are required to fill out an I-9 Employment Eligibility Form and show specific documentation.  The most common documents that meet the requirements for US citizens are:  Creighton Student ID or Drivers License AND original Social Security card or an original or certified copy of your  birth certificate or a US Passport.

International students are required to show an unexpired foreign passport with VISA and I-94, along with their I-20 form (F1 visa holders) or DS-2019 (J1 Visa holders) issued by Creighton's Office of International Programs.  International students are also required to obtain a valid social secruity card within 90 days of start of employment. Check with the International Programs office for further instructions.

If you can't find your Social Security Card, you can apply for a replacement card by following the steps below.  It takes about 2 weeks for your card to be issued to you.

Do You Need a Social Security Card Replacement?


Go to the Social Security Office located at:


604 N 109TH CT
OMAHA, NE 68154

Office is located North of 108th and Dodge St.  If you are on Dodge St heading west, take the Old Mill 108th St exit north. Follow the curve to the Old Mill Centre.

If heading east on Dodge, take the 120-114th St. Old Mill exit. Follow the curve to 108th Ave, turn left, then north at Old Mill Centre.

Local Number 





(800) 325-0778


Open 9 am-3 pm M,T, Th, F.       9 am-noon Wednesdays.

Social Security will need proof of your identity. Go here to see the steps you will need to take to get your Social Security Card replaced.

In the meantime, if you wish to start working, be sure to ask the person at Social Security  to give you a temporary receipt showing you have applied for a replacement card. Show it to the Student Employment Office. It will substitute TEMPORARILY for your Social Security Card when filling out the I-9. You must bring in your actual SS card to Student Employment as soon as you receive it.