Credit Decline

Credit Decline

Credit Decline Form

Decline Credit Request

An undergraduate student may not repeat a course for which a final grade of “C” or better (including “P” and “SA”) has been earned. This includes credit awarded through AP Exams, International Baccalaureate, and transfer credit. However, University Undergraduate Policy allows a student to decline credit previously awarded by Creighton for Advanced Placement Examinations, International Baccalaureate, and transfer credit. This credit must have been earned prior to attending Creighton. Students may repeat courses for which credit has been declined. Under no circumstance may credit earned at Creighton be declined. Dual credit courses offered by Creighton may be repeated regardless of the original grade received.  Only the repeated grade will be included in the grade point average.

Advanced Placement Credit

Advanced Placement credit is awarded automatically to degree seeking undergraduate students through the Registrar’s Office. Scores submitted electronically are evaluated according to the score level determined by the College of Arts and Sciences. See the Advanced Placement Standards for a list of acceptable tests and test scores. Students wishing to decline this credit complete this form and return it to the Registrar’s Office. A student may not receive credit in a course for which they have received AP credit unless the AP credit is declined.

AP credit and transfer credit that has been declined will be removed from the student’s transcript. Dual credit that has been declined will continue to appear on the official record but will not be counted as hours toward graduation or in the student’s grade point average.

Credit Decline Request Form